advertisement

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

::alaba market VS itunes store::

just wondering..., wondering why ours is such a peculiar business enviroment...yeah
ok i'm just chilling @ home tryna upload fresh tracks from 'Isolate' on my ipod and then for some reason my itunes goes to the music store. And strangely the thought hits me to look up some naija tracks and guess what, Naeto C's(u knw my P), Sasha's(first lady), Jimmy Jat's(the definition), 9ice's(gongo aso)
albums cost $9.99 or $0.99 per track on itunes.

@ an exchange rate of =N=120-$1 puts the cost of the albums @ =N=1,198.8 per album or =N=118.8 per track on itunes.

My point is this: my itunes analysis when equated to alaba official prices (since they rule the media marketing industry in Ngeria) is a sharp contrast, to what is obtainable on itunes.
In Alaba albums from the aforementioned artists costs almost exactly the price of one track on itunes..lol
This i feel is actually amazing and this left me wondering, for the fortunate ones like 2face, dbanj, 9ice,
psquare(so far the ones on the international radar) and others say they 'sell'(exclusive of complementary copies) @ least 1million copies each and do @ least say 30 shows @ =N=650,000 each

it would mean that on each album (i.e excluding corporate endorsements) they would make bout =N=169,000,0000 and say after settling assistants, managers and marketers they keep bout 40% they net bout 67.8mill...

Well i knw its not always as easy as i may have sounded but if ur some local champ and a very short sighted one at that this figures would seem pretty fabulous but when you place this figure besides a 'small' sean kingston, or a pdiddy or an usher then believe me this is chicken feed.

people get paid a million dollars just for one performance so whats the deals pips. Like i said even though ours is a peculiar enviroment for business i believe some day it won't be just bout estelle presenting an award to 2face @ WMA08 or bout 9ice gettin a MOBO but also bout better pay for the mic hustlers and their backers.

I'd like to end by saying that if you really appreciate an artiste so much you should be able to pay what you feel the album is worth.

How much would you pay for M.I's(talk about it) album? wanna knw what i'll pay...call me.

I'll appreciate your comments on this ish...

stay green
~gossim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts