advertisement

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Buhari, Boko Haram & Biafra

A wise man once said: “ walk a mile in my shoes, see what I see, hear what I hear and feel what I feel. Then maybe you'll understand why I do what I do”

All of a sudden the former Nigerian President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan doesn't seem so clueless after all. More than 6months into the new government we seem worse off as a people: while Boko Haram may have lost ground in the North East, sadly they have opted for more deadly lone wolf attacks. Simultaneously the Biafra protests (which in my opinion is an effort in futility) are gradually festering and looking like another powder keg waiting to explode. All sorts of neglected vested interests ( all in the name of the Change agenda) are in subtle revolt about their neglect by the new government.

As things stand the GEJ led Gov't may have been 'the most corrupt' administration in Nigeria's history as has been claimed but he sure as hell had a clear sense of direction with his government even though he couldn't adequately articulate his intentions. 

After all the promises made during the elections I'm  glad the current ruling party is gradually learning the hard lesson that National leadership is beyond just political rhetorics but more about balancing your desired goals with general public expectation and sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts